Sunday, September 30, 2012

On the Road Again

After 2 months of not being able to go with my Charlie, I am happy to say that I am on the road with my hubbie once again! :)  And let me tell you that this time is so much better! Werner was so poopy and we never really went anywhere or made any money.  I'm here to tell you that Knight is LOADS better!  Since I left with him on Wednesday, Charlie and I have gone all the way up to Cheyenne,Wyoming and are currently in Moberly, Missouri. This company always keeps us moving and really takes into consideration where we want to go. We want to go to a certain place, but I'm not going to say specifically where it is right now. It'll be in a later post ;)  
 
I was so excited to be going on the road again.  I missed being with my Charlie so much. I love traveling with him and both of us really enjoy being on the road with each other.  One of the first days was fun because we traveled up Wolf Creek Pass.  Autumn is my favorite season and I can feel it in the air.  That little nip in that air that says Autumn is getting closer every day.  You can see the startings of Autumn in Wolf Creek. My Charlie was sweet enough to pull over so I could take some pics of the wonderful nature around us.



I love being on the road with Charlie, but what I don't love is living out of a suitcase and washing up in a truck stop bathroom.  I can handle it for a few weeks, but I'm sure glad I don't have to actually LIVE on the road.  When I'm in the truck stop bathroom and it's just other trucker women and truckers wives, I'm fine.  They understand that brushing your teeth and washing your face etc, is just something you have to do.  But I can't help but feel like white trash when I see these nice dressed women stopping by to use the restroom and buy some snacks on their way somewhere awesome. And I'm just over here like I'm gonna live out of a suitcase and wash up in a bathroom. I feel like a gypsy!(side note: I used to be scared of gypsies because my older sisters and brother used to tell me that they were gonna sell me to the gypsies when we would see them while we lived in Europe) But that's just something that I'll have to deal with.



But OMGOSH Y'all! I have to tell you what happened!(Warning! For those of you who like animals..probably will not like this next bit of post.)  Charlie and I were driving down the road just la dee dah talking ,listening to music. It was a while after dusk, only a little bit of light left in the sky. When I see some kind of bird almost run into the car in front of us and then WHAM! It runs into the windshield! I thought it would fall off, but it stayed! I thought it was a duck. So Charlie pulls off the road to get it off the truck. I of course have to take a picture.  Then he goes to take it off and tells me, "It's an Owl"  You have no idea how bad and sad I felt. I mean, Owls are awesome and an endangered species. There really was nothing we could do. It flew out of no where! So he pulls it off the truck and sets it on the side of the road. It really was a beautiful animal.  I said I was sorry to the Owl and we drove away. I am thinking that it was a Burrowing Owl. After some research from http://aviary.owls.com/owls/burrowing-owl.html  :( (Sorry beautiful Owl)













So right now, we are in Moberly, Missouri.  We are staying in a hotel because the place where the load was supposed to be delivered was closed until Monday. Knight tried to do what they could to get us somewhere, but there was no one close enough to switch with.  So Knight is paying us $100 a day for layover and put us up in a hotel.  Not too bad compared to Werner where we had to pay for everything and would maybe get reimbursed. PLUS we are getting paid because it's their fault we are laid over.  Things like this happen, but Knight is good about making it OK.

Before I forget, in my last post I told you I was gonna show you the necklace that Charlie surprised me with. While he was on the road Charlie told me that he got me a surprise but he wouldn't tell me what. Now if you know me, you know that that drives me nuts! He would NOT tell me no matter how many times I asked! So when he meets up with me in Deming he gives me this beautiful Turquoise necklace. I was so excited. He told me, "I know you like Turquoise. I saw this guy on the side of the road selling these and it made me think of you and I knew you would like this." Needless to say I LOVED it.


My Charlie is so good to me and I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to be on the road with him and spend all my time with him.  It's nice to have this base and that we are still in the "phase" where we like to be with each other all the time. I'm so lucky to have married my best friend. :)  More adventures to come.

1 comment:

  1. That drive up Wolfe Creek is a bit intimidating driving in a regular vehicle. I can only imagine how it is in an 18 wheeler.
    The autumn colors are always so beautiful, I'm glad you both are having fun together. Don't mind those ladies. You keep your chin up high and be the proud wife you are; they don't have what you have anyway, true unconditional love from a wonderful man! :)
    ((Hugs))
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete