Monday, September 3, 2012

Same old, same old

So another 2 weeks has past and another 3 day visit at home has past.  I always feel like my Charlie is gone for so long and there's not enough time at home. :(  I try to make the most of it though.  

I was super excited about Charlies time home because he technically got 3 days home instead of 2. This worked out because technically he worked on Friday.  He got in on Thursday night around 9:30.  He surprised me at the movie theater after I got out of a movie. :)   Then he had to wake up at 4:30 the next morning so he could deliver his load to Sam's Club at 5:00.  He was home and back in bed by 6:30. But since he worked, it was considered a work day. His time off didn't start till Saturday. :)  

So Friday we were just lazy and watched some glee. lol  Then our friend Jeremy came over and we went to the store so that I could start cooking up a storm(which I usually do when Charlie is home.)  

That evening I made Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread   
  

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese. The recipe I got from my Moms Cook Book.






And for our Dinner Cocktails we made Sonic Cherry Limeade!




It seriously was such a good dinner! It was a great evening of delicious food and Glee (Recipes care of Pinterest ;)  )


Saturday morning we woke up early and went out to Kerby Orchard(Where I work every Saturday from 8 to 12)  The plan was for Charlie to surprise his Mom.  Every time I work out at the orchard, Charlies mom always asks me, "How's my baby boy?"  Charlie is his Mom's only son, so she misses him. :)  Well Roxanne pulled up and we started unloading the truck from Market and this whole time Charlie is standing just inside the Apple house by the boxes. Roxanne walks up the steps and walks right by him not even noticing him! lol  Finally she turns and sees him and lets out a huge scream. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. But she was so happy to see him, she just hugged him and cried a little bit. Soo sweet.  It was nice to give her a little bit of happiness. :)

After that we met my sister and her kids to go watch The Odd Life of Timothy Green. SUCH a good movie. Made me really think about things. :)

Then we got to hang out with some of our friends on Saturday night. Have a little BBQ and just eat dessert and tell stories. LOVED it.   I made this delicious Oreo Dessert(recipe care of pinterest. of course ;)





After everyone left, I realized that I had forgotten to get pie crust when we went to the store. I needed it to make an apple pie for Charlie.  So I sent him to the store to quickly go get the pie crust. He came home and do you know what that man did? He got me flowers! :) Be still my beating heart! MY husband bought me flowers for no reason other than he loves me! :)





Sunday was a fabulous day!  We slept in till about 10.  I made homemade biscuits and gravy(which is Charlies favorite)for breakfast. Then I made Charlie's apple pie. I cut Charlie's hair and then we took a shower and got ready for church. We even made it to church on time! I felt very accomplished.  I love it when Charlie is home on Sundays because we can go to church together which doesn't happen very often.  I think it reminds the people in my ward that my husband really does in fact exist. lol   

We spent the rest of Sunday over at his parents house with his Grandpa Tom, whom I just love.  He's 97 years old and has to use a scooter to get around.  You have to talk really loud around him, but I love it. :)

When Charlie's home I really just try to spend all the time I can with him, even if it's just doing silly stuff. :)


  




















So we wake up Monday morning and I don't want to open my eyes because I know when I do, that the day will start and I will have to say goodbye.  I'm a little melancholy as I make him breakfast and pack up his cooler with food while he goes around the house collecting his things and loading the car.  I drive to Sam's club to drop him off and load up the truck. :(

I always think I'm gonna be ok and not cry when I say goodbye, but I do anyways.  You think I'd be used to it by now. But I guess it's a good thing that I still get sad when my hubbie leaves. :/  

I only have 2 more weeks till I get to see him again! After that I can go with him and we get to have many more adventures! :)

My Charlie has his own truck now!

No comments:

Post a Comment