Sunday, September 9, 2012

Warning: It's gonna get mushy

WARNING: This will be a mushy post because I have all these feelings and I want to sort them out and organize them. Also I want them to be remembered. :)


I always hear people say, "I have the best husband in the world"  Well I think that's all well and good, but not very true.  Not everyone can have the best husband in the world. It's literally impossible.  So I've decided to put a new spin on those bias statements by adding 2 words.

I have the best husband in the world...for me.  It still shows the husband that he is awesome, but at the same time doesn't diminish anyone else's view/love for their husband. It's a win win.  And I whole-heartedly believe it.  While my husband Charlie might not be a good husband for another girl, he is without a doubt the best husband for me.

While he is away I often spend a lot of time just thinking about him. Sometimes it makes me laugh, other times it makes me cry but most of the time it makes me happy that I found a man who...just gets me.

He puts up with so much of my..well lets just say it...crap.  I know I'm not the nicest person sometimes and I'm trying to work on that. But he is always so patient with me. Whats even better, he knows that sometimes when I snap at him, it's not because of him, but because of something else entirely.


He's a good deflector. Whenever we have an argument(Gasp! An argument? you mean we're not perfect???) I'm sad to say that he is usually the first to say he's sorry or just to let it go. When we were first married and still adjusting to each other we had an argument where he raised his voice to me(It was nothing severe)Afterwards he felt so awful and we talked and he said, "I should never talk to you in that way. You don't deserve that. I'm never going to yell at you again." And I am happy to say that he hasn't since.


He takes care of me. I mean he is such a caring man. I wonder how I didn't see that when we were friends.  My well being is at the fore front of his mind.  
A couple months ago when I sliced my finger and had to get stitches? When I told him what happened, he ran across the yard at such speed, dropping the shovel he was using.  
When I am sick, I am a pitiful sick person. I whimper and cry and moan and he just asks what he can do for me.  He brings me soup and crackers in bed along with all the High School Musicals because he knows they are my comfort movies. He gets up in the middle of the night to get me ginger ale, crackers and NyQuil when I get sick. When my feet are cold and I don't have energy to put socks on, he puts them on.(That one still astounds me! lol)


I could go on and on about how he takes care of me, but then I wouldn't have room for my favorite things that he does.

He makes me laugh. Oh how he makes me laugh.  Whenever I was a young girl and I would make lists of what I wanted in a future husband, a sense of humor was on the top of my list.(I also wanted him to be Leonardo DiCaprio.Hey I was 13.) I don't go a day without laughing when I'm with Charlie. 
Even on the phone, the conversations we have are so full of laughter.  We talk about silly stuff.  One of my favorite things about having a husband is I can tell him all my innermost thoughts. Like how one of my friends that got married is bigger than her husband and they look like a grape and a celery stalk.(I know I'm awful and people probably say that stuff about me, but at least I didn't tell you their names!) 
These types of weird thoughts that we have, we can tell each other and laugh and laugh with no fear of being judged. All those thoughts that are completely inappropriate to say in public, you can tell to your spouse and somehow it's OK. It's a perk of being married. :)


We talk on the phone quite often(which I am so thankful for).  Well the other day I was going to a sewing class and had just said goodbye to him before the class started.  He called me about 30 minutes in and started the conversation with, "I just wanted to tell you that I think you're beautiful."  I was a little bit speechless because it was just what I needed to hear that day. He is ever so generous with his compliments and I love him for that.  I may not always see myself in the best light, but I know that he always will.


One of the things I like best about Charlie is something that started even before we were dating. Charlie can tell how I'm feeling before I tell him, sometimes even before I know.  This first time this happened, I just kind've stared at him.  I was having an argument with a boy and was done trying to explain myself. (It was about my birthday party being on the same day as an institute activity)I had resigned myself to the fact to just ignore him, when Charlie spoke up and told him exactly what I was feeling, but couldn't put into words. I was very thankful to him for that.


I think about these things all the time and wonder how I got so lucky as to get a man who loves me for me. Who treats me so amazing that I am at a loss for words. I thank God for him each and every day and pray that I can be the kind of wife he deserves. Yes we have our struggles, but what married couple doesn't? We got married in the temple for a reason. Both of us view marriage as something to be worked on, each and every day. No matter how angry or upset I get at him, I know that I would rather be angry and upset WITH him then to not have him at all. 

My life was forever changed on the day I married Charlie and I will forever be grateful. In the meantime, I'm just going to live it up with the best husband in the world!...for me. ;)



























Married for a year and still going strong! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment